Zucchini is a fun vegetable because you can eat it in so many different ways and you can even bake it!
Check out my favorite zucchini bread recipe that’s also high in protein which is important for building lean muscle. Enjoy this as a mid afternoon snack with a good old cup of tea to keep you feeling full until dinner time.
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half and seeds scraped out with a spoon and cut into chunks
- 4 eggs
- 12 pitted dates
- ¼ cup melted ghee
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 scoops of Rebecca’s vanilla protein mix*
- ½ cup almonds, diced
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add zucchini chunks, dates, eggs, ghee, almonds, Rebecca’s protein mix, and vanilla extract, to a blender and mix until smooth.
- Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, apple cider vinegar and sea salt and blend once again until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into a regular sized well greased loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes.
- In separate dish combine all ingredients for spread. Spread desired amount to breakfast loaf. Freeze leftovers in an airtight container and save for another day.
Zucchini’s are rich in vitamins and minerals, have several plant compounds and are extremely low calorie.
Plus you can use them in all sorts of ways from zucchini bread, zoodle dishes, zucchini boats or just as a side. There are lots of different ways you can consume this light vegetable. More Zucchini recipes in the app!
Enjoy and don't forget to tag @RebeccaLouiseFitness with your zucchini bread creations!