Recipes for Your Summer Bod
Recipes for Your Summer Bod
Truth is: you can exercise as much as you want, but 80% of getting your summer bod is NUTRITION! Here is a complete summer day’s worth of healthy recipes:
Breakfast: Summer Berry Smoothie
- Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
Serves: 1 | Serving size: 1
Calories 300 | Protein 23g | Carbs 45g| Fat 4g | Fiber 13g
Snack: 2 hard boiled eggs
I totally understand not wanting to start your day off with a huge meal because it can be time consuming! If you have a morning routine like me, you probably want to make a quick and easy breakfast so you can get your day moving - a smoothie is the perfect way to do so!
Lunch: Tuna Stuffed Avocado
- 2 avocado, halved and pitted
- 2 cans tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp jalapeno, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Scoop out some of the avocado from the pitted area to widen the "bowl" area. Place the scooped avocado into a medium-size mixing bowl. Mash it with a fork.
- Add the tuna, bell pepper, jalapeno, and cilantro to the mixing bowl. Pour lime juice over. Stir it all together until everything is well mixed.
- Scoop the tuna into the avocado bowls. Season with salt and pepper.
Serves: 2 | Serving size: 1
Calories 475 | Protein 30g | Carbs 19g | Fat 25g | Fiber 4g
Snack: Celery sticks with almond butter
Nothing screams summer like peaches! And this recipe is low in calories but provides AMAZING nutritional value with over 30g of protein! You should be aiming to consume at least 20g of protein per meal so this summer-themed salad is perfect for a midday jumpstart!
Dinner: Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos
- 1 lb Mahi-Mahi
- 4 corn tortillas, medium sized
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 5 tbsp cup lime juice
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup red cabbage, sliced
- 2 radishes, julienned
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp jalapeño, finely diced
- Whisk together 2 tablespoons of lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Pour mixture over fish. Cover over fish. Allow 20 minutes to marinate.
- Grill fish over a medium-high heat for about 4 minutes. Flip. Cook an additional 1 minute.
- Allow time to cool.
- Cut the fish into chunks.
- Add onion, cilantro, jalapeño and remaining lime juice in a small bowl. Mix.
- Season with salt & pepper, to taste. Mix.
- Whisk together the Greek Yogurt, 1 tablespoon of lime juice and a pinch of salt.
- Place warm corn tortillas on grill.
- Place portion of fish, avocado, cabbage, salsa, radishes, green onion, and tomato.
- Finish with a drizzle of the Greek yogurt sauce.
Snack: Greek yogurt with berries
There’s no better way to end a summer night than with some fresh fish tacos! If you do not eat meat or fish, don’t forget you can always substitute with tofu to still get your protein.
If you would like more recipes like this to prepare for your summer body, along with daily workouts make sure to SIGN UP FOR THE BURN APP HERE!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Nutrition
In the health and fitness world there are so many people telling us different things so it’s common we find ourselves believing things that are not true. Today, I want to clarify five myths about health and fitness.
Everything in moderation party people! Well, I have crafted up four recipes that will make spirits a little more bright.
You don’t have to be crazy strict this holiday season. It’s important that we find healthy alternatives that take our health to the next level. Here is my guide to good carbs for your Thanksgiving holiday!