My Favorite Apple Crisp Recipe
Happy October, can you believe fall is already here?! Around this time, it’s so much fun to break out all the fall recipes. Anything with apples is sure to make you feel like the crispy warm season is officially here.
Today, I am going to share with you my absolute favorite recipe for apple crisp:
Apple Crisp -
- 2 cups oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 granny smith medium apples
- 1 3/4 cups almond milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 scoops of Rebecca’s Healthy Meal Protein *
Brown Sugar Sauce -
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a 9×6 deep sided baking dish or 9×9 square dish with vegan butter, butter or coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl mix together oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, protein, and salt. Set aside. Peel, core and thinly slice apples.
- Pour milk into a large bowl, crack eggs one by one into a smaller bowl, before adding to the milk bowl. Whisk eggs with the milk until well combined.
- Add brown sugar and vanilla to the milk mixture and continue to whisk until all sugar is dissolved. Pour dry ingredients into the milk mixture and mix until well combined.
- Line the bottom of the baking dish with a layer of apples, pour about ¼ of mixture over the apples, continue to alternate layers of apples and oat mixture until you have used all oat mixture and apples.
- Place topping ingredients in a small bowl mix together. Sprinkle over oat mixture, bake oatmeal in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until the top starts to turn golden brown.
- During the last 15 minutes of cooking time, whisk brown sugar sauce ingredients in a small saucepan until well combined. Heat pan over medium heat, stirring until mixture starts to thicken, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container and freeze for later!
If you want to get more delicious recipes like this PLUS all the nutrition facts, check out THE BTES APP!