It’s that time of year again when the Halloween candy is everywhere… I mean everywhere! In the corner of every store, when I walk in the office, and even on my front porch (thanks mum). So tempting! One taste of chocolate leads to one handful… and before you know it, the whole bag is gone. Oops!
Don’t get me wrong, live your life and eat a piece of chocolate! If we want to maintain our health, we should talk about some healthy alternatives. I want you to feel fantastic in your Halloween costume! Here are my favorite snacks to satisfy my sweet tooth:
Pinch of cinnamon
- Rinse off blueberries.
- In a bowl, place blueberries in with a generous scoop of yogurt. Make sure the berries are covered in yogurt and add a dash of cinnamon.
- Place the dripped berries on parchment paper and leave in the freezer for one hour.
- Ready to go!
1 dark chocolate bar
- Rinse off apples.
- Melt the dark chocolate bar. Continue to stir as the chocolate melts.
- Cut the apples into wedges.
- Put the apple wedges on a piece of wax paper.
- Pour the hot chocolate over the apples.
- Let it cool down in the fridge for 10 minutes.
1 cup of almond milk
1 scoop of Rebecca’s healthy meal protein
½ tbsp of cinnamon
1 tbsp of honey
- Mix all the ingredients together in a blender until smooth consistency.
½ a cup of mandarin oranges
½ a cup of pineapple, diced
- In a glass, layer the pineapple and then the mandarins.
- Top with Greek yogurt.
All these treats should fix your sweet craving without the processed sugar of a candy bar. We don’t have to stop enjoying the things we love - just find an alternative! If you are looking for more guidance and support we have our 21 Day NO EXCUSE November challenge starting on 1st November. It’s the best way to get through the holidays, staying healthy and even getting results. We have cash prizes for the winners and everything you need to feel fantastic!