People want to know how to reach body goals with food, and breakfast is a great opportunity to begin your day with fitness in mind.
If you're intentional about what you feed your body at the start of each day, you're more likely to follow through with healthy eating habits during meal & snack times which follow the morning hours.
Sometimes people are tempted to try deprivation diets for weight loss, but doing so will actually cause more harm than good! Without breakfast, we are more prone to irritability and sluggishness, and your metabolism isn't working at full efficiency without some kind of fuel. Food = energy! For body and brain. If you're trying to kickstart calorie-burning, having breakfast within thirty minutes of waking up will fire up your system.
Eating a nutritious breakfast promotes weight loss by stabilizing blood sugar levels and metabolic rate during the course of a day. Steady blood sugar prevents us from binge eating later on - if we skip out on a meal, the brain triggers the body to activate survival mode: your body starts to think that it may have not been fed because food is scarce, and your system is in panic mode the next time it gets a meal!
Your body wants you to hold onto as many calories as possible because it doesn't know when it'll have the chance to get food again. So don't miss breakfast!!
My Morning Routine
I start every day with three things: a healthy meal shake, aloe, and tea. The shake is full of essential vitamins, and most importantly, protein. Proteins are the building blocks of life. Every cell in the human body contains protein! Your body requires this nutrient in order to repair cells and make new ones. Protein is an important building block of bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood.
Also, skin and hair is made up of mostly protein, so making this a staple of your diet will not only help to establish lean and toned muscles - it'll give you shiny locks and a fresh face glow! My aloe drink mix keeps me hydrated (it tastes soo good), and my tea gets me fired up with energy to take on my busy lifestyle!
What's Best For Your Body?
Leading a healthy lifestyle requires thought and planning, but it doesn't have to be hard! Eating regular, healthy meals and light snacks throughout the day will give your body the energy it needs to stay active! A balanced lifestyle comes down to 20% exercise and 80% nutrition.
If you're struggling to lose weight or tone up despite regular workouts, it's because something is off - that something is probably your diet! Need help figuring out how to reach body goals? Join my Free 5 Day Better You Program to get a one-on-one personalized plan that suits your unique body & lifestyle!
Now let's get into the good stuff! Breakfast can be simple and nutritious. Here are some recipes that anyone can make!
Coconut Coffee Protein Smoothie
- 2 bananas - cut up, frozen
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp espresso powder - or more to taste
- 3 scoops of Rebecca’s Healthy Meal Protein *
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Shredded coconut
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Split up into two glasses.
- Top with shredded coconut.
- Freeze leftovers in an airtight container and save for another meal.
Serves: 2 | Serving Size: 1
Calories 484 | Protein 21g | Carbs 55g | Fat 25g | Fiber 11g
* Available with Nutrition Plans
Cottage Cheese & Spinach Omelet
- 4 eggs
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of spinach
- ½ a cup of cottage cheese
- 2 cups of mushrooms, diced
- Vegetable cooking oil
- ¼ cup of almond milk
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Spray the frying pan with vegetable cooking oil and add the garlic and mushrooms.
- Cook the mushrooms for 5 minutes and add the spinach for 30 seconds.
- Grab a bowl and add the eggs, almond milk and salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk the mixture together.
- Grab another frying pan, spray it with cooking oil and add the omelet.
- Let it cook on both sides.
- When the omelet is nice and golden add the cottage cheese, spinach and mushrooms on top.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (optional).
Serves: 2| Serving Size: 1
Calories 216 | Protein 22g | Carbs 7g | Fat 11g | Fiber 2g
Acai Power Bowl
- 1 packet frozen acai blend
- 1 banana
- 2 scoops Rebecca’s Healthy Meal Protein*
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ cup strawberries, halved
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp honey
- In a high-powered blender, combine the acai berry packet, frozen banana, and 1/4 cup almond milk and meal protein.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and top with berries, chia seeds and honey.
Serves: 2 | Serving Size: 1
Calories 548| Protein 23g | Carbs 73g | Fat 23g | Fiber 16g
*Available with Nutrition Plans
Veggie Tofu Scramble
- ½ block tofu
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Break the tofu apart to look like a scramble
- Mix together the tofu, garlic, onions, mushrooms, bell pepper, salt and pepper.
- Let sit for 10 minutes to let the flavors sink in.
- On medium heat, sauté the veggies and the tofu scramble together until the veggies are tender.
- Place leftovers in an airtight container and save for another meal.
Serves: 2 | Serving Size: 1
Calories 313 | Protein 24g | Carbs 13g | Fat 6g | Fiber 5g
- 1 whole grain bagel
- 2 egg whites
- 10-15 fresh spinach leaves
- ¼ red onions, diced
- 2 slices tomato
- 1/2 avocado
- Kosher salt
- Cholula hot sauce
- Toast bagel in the toaster.
- In a small bowl, add egg whites and spinach leaves
- Season with kosher salt.
- Place in microwave for 1:30, keeping an eye on the eggs so they don’t overflow.
- Add slices of tomato and red onion.
- Spoon egg out of bowl on a single patty and place on top of cheese and tomato, top with avocado.
- Season with more salt and hot sauce if desired.
Serves: 1 | Serving Size: 1
Calories 459 | Protein 20g | Carbs 42g | Fat 26g | Fiber 12g
These recipes are quick, easy and delicious. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You can't start your car if you're gas is empty. Same concept goes for your body!! You can't have a successful and productive day if you don't give your body and brain the nutrition it needs to function. The BTES App is filled with yummy and easy breakfast recipes. Join now to start your day with the proper nutrition!
Let me know in the comments some of your go to, quick breakfast meals!