Did you know drinking water is one of the best ways to lose weight AND gain more energy?!
Drinking water has lots of health benefits you may not even know. Did you know you should drink half your body weight in ounces?!
And so many of us forget (me included) to drink it or have a hard time getting enough…
Let’s first take a look at WHY you need to drink water and then I’ll give you some super smart hacks I use to drink enough water every day.
5 REASONS YOU NEED WATER
- It helps brain function and keeps you more alert.
- It helps digestive functions such as urinating, sweating and of course going number two!
- It aids in physical function giving you more strength, power and endurance.
- It assists you in weight loss.
- It increases your energy levels.
Now, that you know why you need to drink enough water I’m going to help you find more exciting ways to consume it!
5 HACKS TO DRINK MORE WATER
- Bookend your day with a glass of water. Drink a glass right when you wake up and an hour before bed. If you drink too close to bedtime you will be up peeing!
- Add flavor or carbonation to make it more enjoyable to drink!. In fact, you can even add both. Personally, I like drinking La Croix with a splash of aloe from my nutrition plan because it’s carbonated, the aloe helps with digestion and has great flavor.
- Add lots of ice to your drinks because as it melts, you’re technically drinking water and don’t even know it!.
- Add foods like celery, zucchini, watermelon, honeydew, or any other foods with lots of water to your diet.
- Get a smart water bottle that tells you how much water you’ve consumed for the day and reminds you to keep drinking.
I promise if you start drinking enough water, you’re going to have so much more energy and all systems in your body will be positively affected.
Drinking enough water takes a lot of discipline and GRIT. If you want to learn how to have more dedication and accountability to your goals, big or small, check out the I’ve Got Grit live event. When you take action to show up for yourself and commit you get rewared!
See you on the big screen