Who’s with me to level up their life and grow?! No matter what you are going through right now, this is where you get to push harder and SHOW UP! There is light at the end of the tunnel and those who continually show up and work hard, achieve the results they've always dreamed of.
You want to level up and do more with your life and you don’t know where to start. I’ve totally been there before so I can absolutely relate. I have tried all sorts of things to help myself stretch and grow and there is one thing that trumps all the rest of the lessons I’ve learned. I think you might be surprised at what I’m about to say and I want you to really take it seriously...
- Show Up: It is on those days where you don't feel like working out, not because you are sick, because you are just not feeling it, that you need to show up more. There is still time to SHOW UP and join our current monthly challenge. Drop your email and I will send you this months guide and you can start your workouts right away!
- Push 20% Harder: If I said put your hands as high as you can in the air and then said reach a little higher, I bet you could. Same thing with a workout, you might think you are doing all you can. Take it an extra 20% and just see what you are capable of!
- Get Someone To Join You: How about you become a leader, even if just for a day! Working out by yourself is great, sharing with someone else what you do is even bigger impact.
- Increase Your Weights: I will drill this in until the day I die! if those last few reps are not challenging, it is 100% time for you to increase those weights.
- Tell Yourself YES: If you are not speaking to yourself in a positive way, nothing great is going to come of it.
There has been many times in my life where I haven’t felt like showing up. Yet I chose not to play a victim or have a perception that life wasn’t fair. Because of this I’ve been able to train myself on how I choose to feel. Things that really used upset or bother me, today barley have an effect. It’s taken years of growth for this to happen.
A little over a year ago, I was not living my best life and although I was showing up, it wasn’t as much as I knew was in me. Wow, fast forward until now and I am the happiest today than I have been ever. So what changed? I DID! No one else needs to change for us to feel certain way. ⠀
The Ultimate Secret To Success...
GET A MENTOR
I can’t stress this enough. Now, let’s break this down and look at why you need to get a mentor:
- You have to have someone who has been through what you’re going through. In order to get to where you want to go, you need to have someone in your life who will understand you. Leveling up isn’t easy because many times it will require you to do things that make you uncomfortable and that might be unfamiliar to you and the people current in your life.
- You have to have someone who will keep you accountable, no matter the goal. Having accountability is essential with anything in life. Whether you are trying to get your summer bod or write a book, you have to have someone who you check in with. We are much more likely to stay on track when we feel like someone else is depending on us!
- You have to have someone who truly wants to see you succeed. It can be hard when you’re doing something that makes you genuinely feel better. Sometimes the people in your life may not totally want to see you do well. Having a mentor ensures there is one person who without a doubt wants you to succeed!
How To Know Your Focusing On The Right Thing
It’s easy to focus on things that will help fill the extra time. Yet, some of these things may be negative things to allot your attention to. So how do we figure out what we should be focusing one? Here are three things to help you clarify:
Is it going to help you get to where you want to be in 90 days? I always like to think about my life in spans of 90 days. If what I’m doing or spending my time thinking about today isn’t going to help me get to where I want to be in three months, why allot my time and energy to it? This helps me prioritize what’s important and what brings me the right energy. I want to focus on things that will help me grow and fee good about myself.
Does focus result in action? It’s so easy to focus on things like trying to mind read - What was he/she saying when they said/did this? Will I get the promotion? Am I actually giving my audience what they’re wanting? But when you realize you’re just sitting there driving yourself mad, focusing on things you can’t control without action you may need to shift your focus. I like to focus on idea that lead me to take action. I won’t sit and dwell on something, instead I take action. Ruminating won’t get you anywhere but feeling worse about a situation. Focus on the things you can and will take action on!
- How do you feel after spending time thinking or acting on this thing? This one seems simple but it’s not. So often we focus on things that don’t make us feel good but we aren’t honest with ourselves about how it’s really making us feel. After working on a project, talking about a situation or giving thought to specific circumstances I encourage you to be 100% honest with yourself. How does it feel after focusing on the things in your life? Make sure they make you feel good.
Ultimately, I like to make sure the areas I give my focus will help me get to where I want to be in 90 days, result in productive action and make me feel good about my life!
Staying True To YOU!
It's time to stop caving into those doubts and insecurities and stay true to ourselves! Good things don’t come easy, but practice these few tips and you'll be feeling’ yourself more than ever!
Speak Honestly & Openly
The way that you feel and the way YOU choose to see the world is valid and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise! There will always be people out there that don't understand/agree with everything you have to say, but hey, that's okay! Everyone is on their own journey.
This goes hand in hand with speaking honestly & openly. If you feel like who you surround yourself with doesn't let you be your authentic self, then it's time to re-evaluate your circle. Surround yourself with people and places that excite your soul and calm your mind. You are a direct reflection of the top 5 people you spend the most time with, so make sure they are keepers!
Invest In Yourself
Stay true to yourself by loving yourself!!! Invest time and energy into making sure your own needs and wants are assessed and give back to your body and mind. You want to get your hair done because that makes you feel confident as hell? DO IT. You want to get in the shape and be your best self FOR YOU? Download the BTES App and let's get this party started! Self care is an INVESTMENT, not an expense.
Yes, I'm talking to everyone here! This is especially hard in today’s times as it's so easy to want what others have through social media. Make sure you don't get too caught up in the filters and photoshop that you forget to look around and focus on being present with what's real!
Today I invite you to keep showing up, not for other people, for YOU. AND even when you don’t feel like it, this is the key part to living free! The quality of your life is determined by how you show up even when you don’t feel like it. Ask yourself today what are you going to do to SHOW UP for you and others?!